Not Receiving Verification Email

Jeffrey Boyes August 30, 2021

I'm attempting to change my email address, and never get a verification email.

My provider says they see no incoming email from Atlassian.

How can I ensure Atlassian email are not being blacklisted?

3 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hi Jeff, welcome to the Community!

Your new address returned a "recipient not found" error on July 17. I've cleared that error our of our mail service. Kudos for having your provider check for blocked IP addresses! Assuming there are no other issues that might cause an email to bounce from your organization's mail server, the next verification email should be delivered.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Thanks. I'll let you know soon!

EDIT: Seems I've reached a daily limit on clicking that button. @Daniel Eads 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Doh! Unfortunately I'm not able to reset the limit there. Let me know how things go tomorrow after it cools down! I'm fairly confident about the delivery (once it can be sent!) since you've allow-listed the IP ranges we use already.

Like Jeffrey Boyes likes this
Jeffrey Boyes August 31, 2021

@Daniel Eads Can you tell me when I can try again? I just tried (first time today) and it said i'd have to try again in 24 hours...but I assume that's 24 hours from the third time I tried, which was yesterday.

Secondarily, can you suggest to the powers-that-be that a 24 hour block is terrible for smaller, one- and two-admin accounts? I'd be OK with two hours.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2021

Feedback noted! I'm seeing two separate accounts on your site now with different domains. Just wanted to double-check that you're all set! My assumption is that you just created a new user, rather than changing the original account's address at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email - if that's not the case or you're still seeing some issues, let me know!

Jeff Boyes September 12, 2021

All good now. This thread can be closed. Thanks!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Jeff Boyes September 12, 2021

deleted

0 votes
Telugu ET Media October 28, 2021

@Daniel Eads I've tried to set up a new account for BitBucket  and apparently have had the verification email sent, the email address is correct however I'm not receiving any verification emails?

I've tried re-sending the email a number of times and haven't received any of them.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian community @Jeff Boyes 

Please be informed, their might be a bounce if your email address and a block on the server that prevents emails from being sent to your address.

Angelica Luz from Atlassian team can check and assist you.

I obtained a list of the Atlassian email server IPs from another post here.

My provider did indeed find some blocked, and has released them.

I clicked "resend the verification email" and the tech there stated that no incoming email was seen.

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events