How do I know if I am a Jira Admin?

L Davis January 14, 2022

I am new and my manager said he set me up as an Admin so I can add people to Jira Software, Jira Work Management and Confluence (we have a mix of team-managed and company-managed business projects). I see I can add people to individual team-managed projects, but I think I need to go to some Jira Admin panel in Atlassian for the company managed ones, I just don't know how to get there? And how do I know I am on the Atlassian admin home panel? Links or screenshots would be helpful! Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2022

Hey @L Davis 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

Navigate to the Jira cloud URL, https://yoursite.atlassian.net/jira --> it would look like this. From there check out this screenshot below. Click on the cogwheel symbol you see on the right side of the header of the application. If you see that you have a Jira Admin access.

Jira_admin_navigate.png

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Vishwas

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

Hi @L Davis,

More to what @Vishwas has provided, in the screenshot you will specifically want to navigate to the very first link on that dialog "User Management".  That should open a new tab on your web browser that will navigate directly to the admin page for adding users and groups.

Like Vishwas likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon  !

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
L Davis January 15, 2022

@Vishwas and @Jimmy Seddon This was very helpful. When I went to  https://yoursite.atlassian.net/jira I had to request access. I am now waiting to get approved. Thanks for the link.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

@L Davis based on what you said you were able to do I suspect you were made a "Project Administrator" for a number of Team-Managed projects, but not a full "Jira Administrator".

Good Luck!

-Jimmy

1 vote
jingjing.j.li June 7, 2022

Hello @Jimmy Seddon I think your comment is very useful!

I am also a project admin role, but looking at the config button i dont see 'User Management' but simply a 'Projects'. So it means I lost many admin functions right? Should I get Extended project administration to activate them? Or how should I get more admin functions? Thanks!

屏幕截图 2022-06-07 164347.png

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

Hi @jingjing.j.li!

On Jira Cloud, you will need to be given site-admin before you will be able to see the User Management settings.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like jingjing.j.li likes this
jingjing.j.li June 7, 2022

Thanks! @Jimmy Seddon What should i do to get the site-admin then? via GSEP helpdesk or ?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

Hi @jingjing.j.li,

I'm not sure what the GSEP helpdesk is, but you probably want to get in touch with your company IT team (or whatever team managed your Jira Cloud instance).

Thanks!

jingjing.j.li June 8, 2022

thanks! @Jimmy Seddon I will clarify this with our company IT then

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events