It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

HTTPS Domain Verification Not Working Edited

Just received a "Warning about your Atlassian domain claim" email that says 

"we#re no longer able to verify one of your domains"

It has been working forever, the https://www.[MYDOMAIN].com/atlassian-domain-verification.html is accessible in my browser...

No idea why it started failing, I have redownloaded and replaced the verification file but I'm still getting the error with no details...

What should I do?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Erwan Cosnuauthere is contact  support in the link  you  have provided i suggest  you  request support there.

Best!

Thanks @Moses_Thomas but I cannot figure this out? How can I contact support, it feels like I'm in an endless loop of Documentation redirecting to Forums redirecting to Documentation.

The email I've received is a "no-reply" address with link to documentation.

The verification HTML file provides a link to the same documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/domain-verification-873871234.html

The article recommend to come here to "Ask the community": 

2018-06-22 09_40_50-Window.png

Cannot figure how to get in touch with the support :-/ 

#Feelsbadman

Thanks for helping

@Erwan CosnuauYou  may want to  contact  atlassian support for this one   here

Best!

Excellent @Moses_Thomas bookmarking this and will report back here

Thanks 

Results are in, here is the brief, if it can help others.

We messed up our SSL certificate on the server, hence our [MYDOMAIN].com couldn't be verified by Atlassian anymore.

Let's Encrypt did mistakenly generate a cert only for www.[MYDOMAIN].com and lost the [MYDOMAIN].com as subject alternate name. We had to swap primary domain to www. as a workaround and regenerated the SSL.

2018-06-25 12_45_38-nimbus.lancontrolsystems.com_44810 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Now the certificate works both for with and without "www" and the domain can be verified.

Another GOTCHA is that Chrome redirects silently to the www. version of the URL if there is an SSL issue on [MYDOMAIN].com so you can miss that there is an invalid cert in the first place.

A clue that something dodgy had happened too is that Google started indexing our pages on www. and no more on [MYDOMAIN].com, the crawlers picked up on the failed cert here too,

Thanks for the help and thanks to Atlassian top-notch support

I guess I'm running into similar problem, not able to verify the domainname.com without www. I'm using HTTPS method. Any help would be appreciated here?

toi dong y

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in DevOps

On Call Book!

I’m Serhat Can, Technical Evangelist at Atlassian and the author of “On Call”. I’ve spent years participating in and helping customers build on-call programs. I recently compiled all my insights into...

56 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you