cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Domain Verification Not Working

Erwan Cosnuau June 22, 2018

Just received a "Warning about your Atlassian domain claim" email that says 

"we#re no longer able to verify one of your domains"

It has been working forever, the https://www.[MYDOMAIN].com/atlassian-domain-verification.html is accessible in my browser...

No idea why it started failing, I have redownloaded and replaced the verification file but I'm still getting the error with no details...

What should I do?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Erwan Cosnuauthere is contact  support in the link  you  have provided i suggest  you  request support there.

Best!

Thanks @Moses Thomas but I cannot figure this out? How can I contact support, it feels like I'm in an endless loop of Documentation redirecting to Forums redirecting to Documentation.

The email I've received is a "no-reply" address with link to documentation.

The verification HTML file provides a link to the same documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/domain-verification-873871234.html

The article recommend to come here to "Ask the community": 

2018-06-22 09_40_50-Window.png

Cannot figure how to get in touch with the support :-/ 

#Feelsbadman

Thanks for helping

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Erwan CosnuauYou  may want to  contact  atlassian support for this one   here

Best!

Excellent @Moses Thomas bookmarking this and will report back here

Thanks 

Erwan Cosnuau June 25, 2018

Results are in, here is the brief, if it can help others.

We messed up our SSL certificate on the server, hence our [MYDOMAIN].com couldn't be verified by Atlassian anymore.

Let's Encrypt did mistakenly generate a cert only for www.[MYDOMAIN].com and lost the [MYDOMAIN].com as subject alternate name. We had to swap primary domain to www. as a workaround and regenerated the SSL.

2018-06-25 12_45_38-nimbus.lancontrolsystems.com_44810 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Now the certificate works both for with and without "www" and the domain can be verified.

Another GOTCHA is that Chrome redirects silently to the www. version of the URL if there is an SSL issue on [MYDOMAIN].com so you can miss that there is an invalid cert in the first place.

A clue that something dodgy had happened too is that Google started indexing our pages on www. and no more on [MYDOMAIN].com, the crawlers picked up on the failed cert here too,

Thanks for the help and thanks to Atlassian top-notch support

Dave Raj April 2, 2019

I guess I'm running into similar problem, not able to verify the domainname.com without www. I'm using HTTPS method. Any help would be appreciated here?

0 votes
AHV Informatik March 25, 2022

Thank you for this! I had the same problem.

0 votes
lnyannini April 28, 2019

toi dong y

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events