Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Message For Email Change Is Not Delivered

D2M2Tech July 13, 2020

I have tried several times to change the email address for my Atlassian account (my.atlassian.com). The current email address is a Gmail account and receives the notification message that an email address change has been requested. The confirmation message never arrives on the new email address.

Summary of facts:

1. My Gmail account is not managed by GSuite.
  2. I had to complete the Atlassian onboarding process for my Trello account which resulted in a new Atlassian ID (my mistake in the confusing process).
  3. The new email address was associated with that new Atlassian account, but I removed it before attempting the address change.
  4. The email address change confirmation was not delivered to the spam folder.
  5. I checked the server logs on my email server; deliver of the confirmation message was never attempted.

I think I've covered all the usual questions.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hey, welcome to the Community!

Our mail system logged a soft delivery error when attempting to deliver the verification email to your new address. I've emailed the error to you at the address you're trying to switch to. If you're able to find an email from me at your new address, it seems like there may have just been a temporary problem between our mail delivery system and your domain's mail server.

To resend the verification email, you can try logging in again at https://id.atlassian.com with the new email address. Currently there aren't any blocks in our system to prevent further email delivery to your email address.

If you haven't received an email from me directly, it's likely there's some continued misconfiguration with your mail server. Trying to send the verification email again while mail server is misconfigured could put your email address in our bounce list. After any misconfigurations are taken care of, I can check our mail system again to make sure your email address isn't on a bounce list.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

D2M2Tech July 13, 2020

Hello, Daniel!

I found the issue on my server and all is well. Fantastic products and excellent support.

Thank you!

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events