cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian account connected to community account

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hello,

I've got a question regarding the Atlassian Community account. My community account is apparently linked with a company/organization-managed Atlassian account. I'm currently changing jobs - moving to another company and my previous Atlassian account was deactivated. However, a community account still exists and is linked to this deactivated account.

So, when I navigate (here in the community) to Profile -> Manage settings I have this deactivated Atlassian account linked to this account.

Company-managed account.png

As I have a private Atlassian account, when I follow the Edit in Atlassian account link, id.atlassian.com opens up with my private account settings.

Atlassian private account.png

I was thinking that my community account with also deactivate once the connected Atlassian account is deactivated. As this doesn't appear to be the case, my question is - is it possible to connect different Atlassian account to my community account?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luke Hostetler June 27, 2022

Hi Tomislav,

I've gone ahead and made the account switch! Your posts and activity should be moved over to your new account now.

Please log out of id.atlassian.com, out of community.atlassian.com, and clear all cookies/cache. It may take a little time for these changes to be reflected.

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

@Luke HostetlerPerfect!

All is good. Thanks!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Your Community account is your Atlassian account, there's no "link" between them.

You would need to get your content changed over to be "owned" by the Atlassian account you want to go forwards with.  Only Atlassian's Community team can get that done.

The first thing I would try though, is asking the company to de-manage the account they have have for you - change the owning email address to a personal one for you.  This would hand control back to you.  BUT, I don't know if that is possible.

If it is not, we'll need to ask Atlassian to swap the content over.  (Or, if you're not too worried about the content ownership, just move your scores/badges/kudos over to the other account - I have a feeling that's easier than flipping the content)

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2022

Cheers @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the answer.

is asking the company to de-manage the account

Yeah, this is not possible by the company policy.

Those other solutions you've suggested are fine with me. If it's possible to move everything from 'old' account to the new one, that would be okay as well.

So, I should just contact Atlassian support for this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2022

Yes, that's the best thing to do.

But our leaders can also ask the Community team at Atlassian directly if they can do this, which may be quicker and easier.  (Also, I know things have changed a bit recently, I don't actually know if it is still possible, so asking will update my knowledge).  I'll ask in a minute...

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Tomislav Tobijas June 20, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-did you manage to check it out by any chance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events