Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Atlassian Profile would be great!

Danny Flynn April 20, 2019

I am new to interacting on Atlassian's company platform, though I have used Atlassian products for years.  What immediately struck me, was that the user profile experience appears to be very disjointed...similar to the Admin Experiences found between different Atlassian products. (i.e Jira and Confluence)

It would be awesome if there were two profiles that could be establish for your main Atlassian Corp Accounts: "Company & User."  Users would be independent and could gain membership to a company.  This would easily allow for one set of profile meta data for users & companies, managed in one place. 

This would also allow a person to easily leave a company and carry their community interactions/badges with them, as well as the rest of their profile. 

I have a scenario right now, where a previous company created a profile for me, on their domain, which is managed by them.  

As for my interactions with my new profile, it appears that pieces of redundant information are stored in multiple places.  It would be nice to see this all unified into one profile with one dashboard, with one place to edit for all information.

Instead of: 

• Community Profile - //community.atlassian.com
  • Atlassian Profile - //id.atlassian.com 
  • Atlassian Profile #2 - //my.atlassian.com

It seems like there may be more, but this is what I have encountered to date. 

As I said, I am new to these user experiences.  So if there is a unified profile somewhere, and I am missing it, please advise!

Otherwise, I would love to hear your thoughts! 

Cheers, 

D - 

1 comment

Adarsh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Hi Danny,

Atlassian account is a global account that allows a user to access multiple Atlassian cloud sites, products and services with one set of credentials and under one profile. Accounts are tied to email address which may be personal or managed by companies. If you use a personal email, then you can carry your account to other companies and request Admins to grant access to their sites for your Atlassian account. 

You can go to id.atlassian.com to access your global profile or start.atlassian.com to access all the Atlassian sites/products you have access to.

thanks,

Adarsh

Like Johnny likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events