Non-eligible Community Licenses being used

Kieron Robert September 20, 2020

I've noticed there seems to be a group for video game enthusiast (flight simulator) websites that are using the community edition of the Atlassian suite of products, despite not being eligible.

Have I missed something, have the rules changed?

When I reached out to the websites in question, then confirmed they are neither a charity etc and despite being non-profit (as they are a gaming community) they are ultimately owned and operated by a profiting business.

Just curious how this fits in with users who are following the rules and paying for their services.

Sites: crew.vryr.eu, occ.vexs.uk, csc.vezy.eu.

1 comment

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Kieron Robert , welcome to the Community and thanks for this question!

Our criteria for granting Community licenses have not changed in some time. Your organization would be eligible if:

• Your organization is not for profit

• Your organization is not run by the government

• Your organization is non-academic (schools, colleges)

• Your organization is non-commercial in nature

• Your organization has no religious affiliation

We do however ask organizations to submit their eligibility with requests for Community licenses. These initial requests are reviewed by humans on a case-by-case basis by our global team. Depending on the country of origin of the organization, the information they provided, and the country of residence for the reviewer, it's occasionally possible for a request to be unwittingly granted to an organization that does not meet all the criteria. We do occasionally check organizations against the criteria and may adjust as necessary.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events