Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovered products impacts and administration

Carolina SILVA August 23, 2021

I received an alert about 2 Jira's products created.

* I am afraid that this product created by non-admin users can impact our billing

* I do not get the reason why a non-admin user can make this kind of creation whereas my company offers a Jira account already

I did not find clear info for better management of these. As an admin, I must keep control of our subscribed products. Anybody can help?

thanks

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Only admins can add billed products to your Cloud site or servers.

Carolina SILVA August 23, 2021

thanks 

So can we consider other products added by non-admin users as additional & free?

Can we block this? 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA

from previous experience this happens when there is a new organisation + new site (non of your admins) but the commonality you share is a claimed domain (example.org).

So, you are the organization admin for Acme Ltd. - with verified domain example.org, but a totally different user creates an Atlassian Account, creating organisation XZY and adds, let's say, their own Trello (very common).

You will see that mail telling that somebody in your organization (again, purely focussing on example.org) created a product - so you can talk to them.

Regards,
Daniel

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events