Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to default "full name" default access to our domain instead of "any"?

I'd like the default behavior for new users to have their "Full Name" only visible to our company, and not "Anyone".   I don't want each user to have to go into Atlassian Account settings to change this. We use G-suite integration as well, if that matters.

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Greg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
When creating users, only they will be able to set if the information of their profile will be private or public.
As you own this domain, you can edit their full name, but to hide or show their information is up to them to decide.

Regards,
Angélica

Can I make it DEFAULT to private, as opposed to defaulting to public?

This setting is not possible to configure, so we can't change the default to private instead of public.

That's really unfortunate.  We do not want to be leaking this information, and it will be VERY EASY to leak it by mistake.  No user would have any idea they need to change this setting before interacting with the Atlassian community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

See Atlassian Access in action - Live Demo

Did you know Atlassian Access offers more than SAML single sign-on for Atlassian cloud products, like Jira and Confluence? Whether you're just starting to plan for your organization or in the pr...

104 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you