how to default "full name" default access to our domain instead of "any"?

Greg July 26, 2019

I'd like the default behavior for new users to have their "Full Name" only visible to our company, and not "Anyone".   I don't want each user to have to go into Atlassian Account settings to change this. We use G-suite integration as well, if that matters.

thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hi Greg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
When creating users, only they will be able to set if the information of their profile will be private or public.
As you own this domain, you can edit their full name, but to hide or show their information is up to them to decide.

Regards,
Angélica

Greg July 29, 2019

Can I make it DEFAULT to private, as opposed to defaulting to public?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

This setting is not possible to configure, so we can't change the default to private instead of public.

Greg July 30, 2019

That's really unfortunate.  We do not want to be leaking this information, and it will be VERY EASY to leak it by mistake.  No user would have any idea they need to change this setting before interacting with the Atlassian community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events