Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble provisioning users AND customers

Dan Olson January 28, 2021

Hi, I have SAML/SSO working with Azure AD.  I can manually add a user in Azure AD and have them show up as a user in Atlassian.  I'm struggling to do the following:

1. I have two Azure AD groups that I want to assign to groups in Atlassian
    1. Atlassian-JSD (AAD group) I want to map to the builtin group jira-servicedesk-users
    2. Atlassian-JiraCore (AAD group) I want to map to the builtin group jira-core-users
  2. I want to automatically provision the rest of the users in my Azure AD as customers (basically atlassian accounts with NO application access)

Do I need to create an AAD group called "Atlassian-Customers" and add all the non-jira users to it and then synchronize that group?  or can I use scoping or something else to say all users in the "mydomain" domain should be synchronized.   

I find lots of small docs in the Atlassian confluence that only give me part of the story, but I'm having a tough time finding how to resolve my issue above.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Smith April 11, 2021

I have found that on the Jira side, it automatically made a group that had all users in Azure AD. I didn't assign any product to that group with all users (as they are only Jira service desk "customers"). 

Then, I created my other groups which I assigned the licence to for the agents using Jira itself. This gives them access to the back-side of our Service Desk.

However, It seems after a few days I am now having issues with the list of "All Users" which synced automatically. I can see them all listed in the user settings sections as having site access but then, when I head over to the service portal URL from my test user, it says that there is no access to the portal for some reason.. 

Still trying to figure that discrepancy out. Hoping If I mention it here, there may be an answer...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events