Trello users that I don't want to manage with access

jefferson_s_pecanha January 13, 2021

Our company has just acquired licenses for Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira, and Access, however when we synchronized the Domain "XXX" many users who already used "TRELLO FREE" appeared, we do not want to manage these Trello users in our subscription to Atlassian ACCESS, however, I cannot ask Trello users to change their accounts, or not to deactivate their accounts as well.
What alternatives would we have?

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2021

Hi Jefferson,

How many users are you talking? Do these Trello users not also have access to Confluence or any of the other tools you list? If they do, then you are already paying for them. You pay per user not per application. Trello Free will also remain Trello free, just much easier to manage.

However, with the changes to Access there isn't really an option around this. Trello is part of the Atlassian family and the SSO applies to the entire toolset that falls under the umbrella. There used to be a way out but as you can see they're migrating all accounts to this new standard.

https://help.trello.com/article/1197-using-trello-with-an-atlassian-account

Can I opt-out of migrating my Trello account to an Atlassian account? Is there a way to undo the migration once it’s been completed?

Over the course of the next year, all Trello accounts will get an Atlassian account. We do not offer an opt-out of this process, nor is there an option to reverse the migration once it’s completed.

Best,

Clark

Toby Jackson August 5, 2021

Hi,

We are in a similar position, with ~800 users on Trello that do not have access to any other Atlassian product.

We have no interest whatsoever in managing these users on Trello, and need a way to effectivly 'ignore' these other accounts.

The non-billable policy seems like it might be an approach, but Atlassian make it a manual process for new accounts.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-1068

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events