Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with Atlassian Access in large organization without domain ownership

Christopher Chan October 21, 2020

Hello,

I work at one of many IT departments at a large University. While some services like email and centralized, many other services are decentralized. The IT department I work for maintains a number of Atlassian applications on-premise and we are looking to migrate to Atlassian Cloud (due to the recent announcement about the server product end of life). We need to to set up SSO, however, that requires Atlassian Access and for us to verify a domain.

All of us share the same domain for our email addresses (example: @university.edu), so we can't independently verify our own domains. Additionally, there are a number of IT departments that all maintain separate instances of Atlassian products and need to manage access separately by IT department.

Is there a recommended approach by Atlassian for handling this scenario? Does someone have to verify the domain and set up SSO and then delegate permissions?

Based on what I can find, our IT department can't actually migrate our on-premise Atlassian applications to Atlassian Cloud because we aren't in a position to verify a domain.

1 answer

0 votes
Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2021

Hi Chris,

I would love to chat with you about your requirements here. Can you drop me an email at njyasankar@atlassian.com and we can find a mutually acceptable time to chat?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Narmada Jayasankar

Product Manager, Atlassian Access

Shawn Danisa March 1, 2021

This is indeed huge problem for large institutions.  I'm an atlassian consultant, and I'm partly responsible for helping clients migrate to cloud. Not being able to use Atlassian Access without a verified domain is a huge blocker, as a result large enterprises are searching for JIRA alternatives

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events