SAML with third-party vendors

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2018

I am implementing SAML and have third-party vendors with their emails (domains I do not own) accessing my instance.

Do I need to set them up with my domain emails or how do I implement the SAML functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Yes, if possible, set them up with emails from domains you own. Please see Early Access Program for Identity Manager

Say your company is Acme Inc. and it owns the acme.com and acme.co.uk domains. Your users have Atlassian accounts with email addresses from those domains, for example jack@acme.com and jill@acme.co.uk .

To use Identity Manager you first verify that you own those domains. Then we collect the Atlassian accounts with email addresses from those domains into what we call an ‘organization’.

Now you can use Identity Manager to apply security policies across all the Atlassian accounts in your organization. Wherever your users log in with their Atlassian account, they’ll all be subject to the same policies.

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

I am running into an issue where I am site administrator for two different organization's instances.

For example OrganizationA.atlassian.net I verified the domian as "organizationA".  When I logged into OrganizationB.atlassian.net, it is displaying "organizationA' under the Organization and domain verified but these are two different instances and two different organizations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events