Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Organisations and Jira Migration

Hi, currently only have Confluence in Cloud without Access subscription so all manual sign-in. 

Want to migrate on prem server Jira Software and Core to Cloud with view of getting Access enabled along the way so we can have SSO.   

Reading the Jira migration info it states best to test in separate organisation than Prod. I don't believe we have existing 'organisation' just a site so can I just add the product into my  sit as a new trial?   

I don't want to impact anything to do with our live production Confluence Cloud product.

Referring to info top of page here:  https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/use-jira-site-import-to-migrate-from-server-to-cloud/

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Richard,

Using the Jira backup data will overwrite any prod data. I will suggest you spin up a development/test instance to test the migration steps you need that are separate from your prod environment.

Dave Meyer Atlassian Team Jul 06, 2021

I would add that if you create the second instance from www.atlassian.com then it will be provisioned as part of a separate organization by default.

I'm a little lost.  How does importing Jira impact on Prod Confluence or it it in relation to Users/Groups?

Seems odd to spin up new organisation & trial.  Do I presume once satisfied migration is working well etc that the products can then be grouped in same organisation as thought that was whole point of organisations:  to group all your products together?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

Resources + Q&A from "What's new in Atlassian Access" webinar

Hi Community! Thank you to all those who joined our What’s new in Atlassian Access webinar last week! We received so many great questions about existing functionality and newly released features of...

933 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you