cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clarification on Atlassian Access licensing

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2022

Lets take a scenario where we buy the following

JIRA Software Cloud Enterprise - 5000 Users

Confluence Cloud Enterprise - 5000 Users

Bitbucket Cloud Premium - 200 users

How will the Atlassian access licensing work? because I am using  JIRA and Confluence cloud Enterprise products, Access comes along with it.

I would like to know what if the same users of JIRA S/W Enterprise also are Bitbucket users how licensing works?

What if the users of Bitbucket Cloud Premium are not JIRA users? How licensing works.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2022

Hi @Girish_Shenoy ,

Any user with a seat on a product under the Jira/Confluence Enterprise plan is not considered a billable user for Atlassian Access, that's how the "inclusion" of Atlassian Access with Enterprise works.

So if all 200 of your Bitbucket Premium users also have access to Jira or Confluence Cloud Enterprise, you will have zero billable users for Access. However, if those users were to only have Bitbucket, without using Jira and Confluence, they would become billable for Atlassian Access.

So when we quote you for Enterprise, we will also include an Atlassian Access line item on the quote, but it's typically for a very small number because it only needs to cover the users in your company who are not using any Enterprise product.

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Thank you @Dave Meyer 

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022

Hi Girish - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Atlassian Access would be the number of unique persons/users provisioned across all of your tools. 

Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022

@John Funk

However my question is little different. when someone goes with Enterprise cloud plan for jira, confluence they get Atlassian access along with the product. I dont have to subscribe separately. in such cases, how can we buy additional users? its little complex, I am sure I am not the first one to have this problem :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022

You will need to contact Atlassian Support to get a full quote. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like # people like this
Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

so its at the discretion of Atlassian?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022

They are the ones who prepare the quotes.  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events