Independent product evaluation

Deleted user June 22, 2020

Hi there

While my company's R&D has recently started evaluating the "Confluence for Software Teams" cloud framework (where I'm already one of the test users), I'm currently pondering over running a comparative test within my own department but along the lines of "Confluence for IT Teams" by means of a separate registration (guess I can't register a separate test environment by means of my already Atlassian registered email, right?).

In case both departments would eventually find their respective setups useful, decide to go for the real deal and thereby wanting to merge both accounts into one, would that be possible?

Since I actually haven't gone for that registration yet, how would you suggest to proceed in order not to loose any of the already established contents later on should the a.m. scenario eventually turn into a real requirement?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2020

@[deleted] 

You can have more than one instance registered under your Atlassian ID and can actually link them. If you decide to go with one and not the other you can simply export the spaces you want to move and import them into the instance you want to keep. Its really very easy to do.

Deleted user October 20, 2020

Thanks for sharing that insight. very much appreciated. We are currently in the hot evaluation phase and mentioned "merging" of instances soon become the thing to do before going all live.

Like Arthur Mack likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events