Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I give my client access to view all JIRA Service Desk requests for their organization?

Jennifer Bucci November 5, 2018

I have an organization for whom there is one main point of contact - that person needs to see all requests raised for that organization. I don't want to rely on others who can raise requests sharing their requests with the organization or this person. Is there a way to set up a person (within an organization) to automatically see all of the tickets for that organization?

1 answer

0 votes
Pattie Berghof November 12, 2018

Jennifer 

Atlassian uses the term "organization" twice and it is easy to confuse the two.  For access management it covers everyone under a certain email domain.

For JIRA Service Desk you create organizations under the Customers link in the project sidebar.

There is a button upper right hand corner to add organizations next to the Add customers button.  You create the organization and then add the customers to it.

Critical step I missed a few times is under Project Settings - Customer permissions Who can customers share requests with - needs to be Any customer or organization, by searching this project...

BE AWARE - The "Organization added" notifcations to send an email to everyone in the JIRA Service Desk Organization by default.  This can be disable in the Customer Notifications which allows visibility to the ticket but keeps un-needed emails to a minimum.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events