Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groups of AD in Jira

Malin Rathjen April 21, 2022

Hi there, 

our company would like to use Atlassian Access to enable the synching of users and user groups from our active directory to Jira. My first question is if I can use all the synched user groups (from our active directory) for permission management in Jira/Confluence. Take for example: I would like to assign the group of engineers (from AD) the project role of administrators in a specific Jira project. 

Is there any option with Atlassian Access or general in Jira Cloud to combine the Jira Project Creation with the Active Directory? So that every synched user group from the Active Directory automatically gets a Jira project created and assigned? Hopefully, I explain the use case clearly enough. 

Looking forwards to your answers. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2022

Hi @Malin Rathjen ,

Groups that are synced from your external IdP (using the user provisioning feature) are available to be used in permission schemes just like any other group. So once the group is synced, you can assign it to the correct role following the instructions here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-role-membership/

So that every synched user group from the Active Directory automatically gets a Jira project created and assigned?

There are APIs for creating projects in Jira, but this would need to be something you automate yourself. There's no built-in functionality for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events