Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Email changed -> my account is lost

Blanka Meinhardt January 27, 2021

Hi,

my company changed our email adresses. I did not change it in my Atlassian account.

When I now sent a post with my new email account, all my settings from my current account is gone.

sso does not let me login with my previous email anymore.

How can I connect these two accounts ?

Thanks a lot,

Blanka

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Your Atlassian account still has your old email address on it.  You can still log in with that, you just can't see the emails that are being sent to it (I assume you have no access to the old email any more).  I'd recommend going to id.atlassian.com with it and changing the email address on it to an email you can get.

The change of email will have removed your companies SSO from the Atlassian account, but you should still be able to get into atlassian systems with it.

I assume you're posting here with a new account?

Blanka Meinhardt January 27, 2021

Yes, the post was from the new account. I wonder how I can  change the email-adress to the new one: it's also in use. 

Yes, I can log in with the old one (see this reply).

Weird!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Ok, that's good.

You can not have two Atlassian accounts with the same email address.  If you wish to change the email on Atlassian Account 1 to the email you have on Account 2, then you will need to change the one on Account 2 to something else first.

Like Blanka Meinhardt likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events