Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cloud JIRA and Confluence Authenticating failure

I have a Cloud JIRA and a Cloud Confluence.  When I am in a Confluence page I can insert a JIRA issue.  I can type the JIRA number and it makes a link as expected.  When I go back to the JIRA page, there is a link that says "Page" that goes back to the Confluence page, as expected.  By the link, where I expect the title of the Confluence page to appear, I see, instead, "Authenticate to see additional information..."

I obviously have some of the authentication configured, but am missing something.  I go to the Adminsitration | Applications | Application Links form.  There I see that the link to confluence system has a red "CONFIG ERROR" on its row.   I hit the pencil.  I see the Outgoing is OAuth and the Incoming is OAuth (impersonation)  The error message says that I have to make them both the same.  OK.

I select OAuth for both and hit save.  I refresh the page and the incoming reverts to OAuth (Impersonation).  I select OAuth (Impersonation) for both, and Save, and refresh, and the outgoing reverts to OAuth.  I am now confused.  Can you help unconfuse me?  What do I do to make the protocols consistent?

2 answers

0 votes
thais Atlassian Team Mar 20, 2018

Hi, Skip,

We would need some further information, together with some tests that would need to be made on your instance, in order to troubleshoot.

Because of that, we kindly ask you to raise a ticket with us at Support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

Thanks!

I would try deleting the application link on both sides and recreating it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events