Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Cloud not respecting display names from Azure Active Directory

Phill Fernandes April 20, 2022

No matter the amount of tinkering I do in Azure AD user’s display names still revert back to something similar to this:

pjfernandes@creativetech.me Fernandes

I can trick Atlassian Cloud into using the correct display name but eventually the reversion occurs. This is not time dependent. It have also tried several permutations of different attribute linkages between AAD and Atlassian Cloud.

2 answers

1 vote
Peter Sefont July 31, 2023

I am having the exact same issue. Should not need and will not use an app to do this.

0 votes
Eduardo Oliveira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Phill Fernandes  - Not sure if you already solved this issue, but if you're open to using an app, I would like to share a potential solution that may help in this scenario: MindPro Sync.

This app allows you to integrate OKTA, Azure AD, or OneLogin with Jira and JSM and retrieve user attributes (phone, location, department, etc..), map them in Jira custom fields and display this data directly Jira issues or JSM requests (and portal)

All the best,
Eduardo from MindPro (Marketplace Partner).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events