User management for cloud admins just got easier

144 comments

Nathan Hazout August 28, 2021

I signed up a long time AFTER January 2021, yet I still see the old experience. Is this article not up to date?

Like Amber Spence likes this
Damian Egli August 30, 2021

API consolidation would be very appreciated. We try to automate user management via on-premises Service Desk and Cloud API but this is a mess. Jira behaves different than Confluence Cloud.

We use verified domains and have the "internal" users synced via Azure AD.

Devin Ponda August 31, 2021

Why is there not a way to manage multiple customers, users at one time?  This is such a basic thing to include it should just be there.   I want to be able to bulk edit accounts. 

Like # people like this
habib rahman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

Looks very clean cant wait to try it out and see how it looks and feels :) 

Like Kieren likes this
Anna Bayliss September 20, 2021

Can't wait for these updates to come through as it will be extremely handy to be able to see what a group has access to

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Checking this article lately and it's quite handful of information and features. Nice @Kieren 

Rosa M Fossi October 27, 2021

Wooohooo! Just saw Kieren's comment in ID-206.  I hope the roll out to us "Existing Customers" happens before year end  :) 

Like Yatish Madhav likes this
Carlos Henriques December 20, 2021

@Kieren we are a new customer and we're still seeing the old admin user management experience. Not sure what we did wrong..

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

@Kieren  Hey there, Same comment as the last one ... I wonder when this will be rolled out to all cloud instances. Thank you

Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2021

@Carlos Henriques @Yatish Madhav - 100% of new signups have been getting the new user management experience since around mid August. Before that date, it was a smaller % of random  signups who would get it.

An email was sent out to a majority existing customers in August outlining our migration plan to the new experience. If you didn't get that email, you may be in a later cohort for migration.

You can also contact our support team asking to be migrated early. If your org/site/product setup allows us to, we'll certainly do our best to migrate you earlier.

Carlos Henriques December 21, 2021
That's clearer now. Because the communication says that:

"New customers who signup after January 18th 2021 will start seeing these changes, and existing customers will start seeing changes from June 2021 onwards."

And we signed up in March 2021, if I'm not mistaken. No problem then, we will wait for our instance to be migrated.

Thank you.
Rosana Casilli February 16, 2022

why ido I not see this changes? should i do anything? 

Lucian Dragomir March 11, 2022

We are on March 2022 and still no changes on our instance...

Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

@Rosana Casilli , @Lucian Dragomir - Your Org admins will receive an email a month before we're ready to migrate your site(s) to the new experience. There is definitely a long tail when it comes to these types of complex migrations. If you've not received the email yet, it will be because there's an additional complexity in migrating your site that we're not ready with.

Please feel free to reach out to support.atlassian.com and ask them specifically when your site will be upgraded.

Like Rosana Casilli likes this
Mark Thompson March 17, 2022

So now if I have a project with 1 page of users...I'll have to look at 100 pages of users and sort to find them because I can't opt out or I have to change my configuration.  It's always all or nothing with Atlassian.  The "All" almost always makes more work for me.  The only recent change I've really liked is sharing filters and that was a looooong time in coming.  Every other change has caused me additional work.  I get used to it but getting used to something you don't like only goes so far.  

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2022

Hi - Just posting another update here. Please advise if and when this will roll to our instance? Thank you

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2022

Hi again ... It seems this is still not rolled out?!?! Please advise? I have it set up in a test/developer instance but not in the one we use. Is there any update for us on this? OR is this only affecting me :) Thank you

Kieren
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav,

I mentioned in a previous comment, there is definitely a long tail when it comes to these types of complex migrations. If your site has not been migrated yet, I apologize for the delay. It will be because there's an additional complexity in migrating your site that we're not ready for.

I guarantee your Organization admin(s) will receive an email prior to us migrating your site to the new experience. If you'd like more info on how you can speed this up or what the specific hold up is for your site, please raise a support ticket.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2022

Hi @Kieren thanks for the comment. I understand. Is there any indication of when we would be migrated over? OR what is the complexities? How can we speed it up at all? What time of support ticket would I raise?

Thank you for the guarantee ... I am assured of that :) 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2022

Hi @Kieren  is there any stats or details on this roll out? I know this isnt rolled out to al instances yet so just curious on the uptake of this from Atlassian side? Asking as I am also aware of this https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-articles/Say-hi-to-our-new-user-admin-role/ba-p/1890277 article ... Thank you

Like # people like this
Shane Johnson February 22, 2023

Can you please show us the last time they logged into the systems...??? That has been a request for so many years that it is beyond ridiculous to still be asking for that.

Like Amber Spence likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2023

Hi @Kieren - just following up on this ... any idea on timeframe? Thank you

Milo G March 8, 2023

@Yatish Madhav We have been waiting as well, thinking Atlassian Access is the paid version of this, and there just weren't many resources Atlassian was dedicating to the rollout of the free feature set (a subset of Access).  

March 1 update: "we've had some delays, but should be rolling this out to new customers around May/June 2023 and moving existing customers onto it from June through to the end of 2023."

From https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-articles/Say-hi-to-our-new-user-admin-role/ba-p/1890277

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2023

Great - thanks for that @Milo G - I might've missed that article update notification. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events