Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

User management for cloud admins just got easier

95 comments

I signed up a long time AFTER January 2021, yet I still see the old experience. Is this article not up to date?

API consolidation would be very appreciated. We try to automate user management via on-premises Service Desk and Cloud API but this is a mess. Jira behaves different than Confluence Cloud.

We use verified domains and have the "internal" users synced via Azure AD.

Why is there not a way to manage multiple customers, users at one time?  This is such a basic thing to include it should just be there.   I want to be able to bulk edit accounts. 

Like # people like this

Looks very clean cant wait to try it out and see how it looks and feels :) 

Like Kieren likes this

Can't wait for these updates to come through as it will be extremely handy to be able to see what a group has access to

G subramanyam Community Leader Sep 21, 2021

Checking this article lately and it's quite handful of information and features. Nice @Kieren 

Wooohooo! Just saw Kieren's comment in ID-206.  I hope the roll out to us "Existing Customers" happens before year end  :) 

Like Yatish Madhav likes this

@Kieren we are a new customer and we're still seeing the old admin user management experience. Not sure what we did wrong..

@Kieren  Hey there, Same comment as the last one ... I wonder when this will be rolled out to all cloud instances. Thank you

Kieren Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2021

@Carlos Henriques @Yatish Madhav - 100% of new signups have been getting the new user management experience since around mid August. Before that date, it was a smaller % of random  signups who would get it.

An email was sent out to a majority existing customers in August outlining our migration plan to the new experience. If you didn't get that email, you may be in a later cohort for migration.

You can also contact our support team asking to be migrated early. If your org/site/product setup allows us to, we'll certainly do our best to migrate you earlier.

That's clearer now. Because the communication says that:

"New customers who signup after January 18th 2021 will start seeing these changes, and existing customers will start seeing changes from June 2021 onwards."

And we signed up in March 2021, if I'm not mistaken. No problem then, we will wait for our instance to be migrated.

Thank you.

why ido I not see this changes? should i do anything? 

We are on March 2022 and still no changes on our instance...

@Rosana Casilli , @Lucian Dragomir - Your Org admins will receive an email a month before we're ready to migrate your site(s) to the new experience. There is definitely a long tail when it comes to these types of complex migrations. If you've not received the email yet, it will be because there's an additional complexity in migrating your site that we're not ready with.

Please feel free to reach out to support.atlassian.com and ask them specifically when your site will be upgraded.

Like Rosana Casilli likes this

So now if I have a project with 1 page of users...I'll have to look at 100 pages of users and sort to find them because I can't opt out or I have to change my configuration.  It's always all or nothing with Atlassian.  The "All" almost always makes more work for me.  The only recent change I've really liked is sharing filters and that was a looooong time in coming.  Every other change has caused me additional work.  I get used to it but getting used to something you don't like only goes so far.  

Hi - Just posting another update here. Please advise if and when this will roll to our instance? Thank you

Hi again ... It seems this is still not rolled out?!?! Please advise? I have it set up in a test/developer instance but not in the one we use. Is there any update for us on this? OR is this only affecting me :) Thank you

Kieren Atlassian Team May 17, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav,

I mentioned in a previous comment, there is definitely a long tail when it comes to these types of complex migrations. If your site has not been migrated yet, I apologize for the delay. It will be because there's an additional complexity in migrating your site that we're not ready for.

I guarantee your Organization admin(s) will receive an email prior to us migrating your site to the new experience. If you'd like more info on how you can speed this up or what the specific hold up is for your site, please raise a support ticket.

Like Yatish Madhav likes this

Hi @Kieren thanks for the comment. I understand. Is there any indication of when we would be migrated over? OR what is the complexities? How can we speed it up at all? What time of support ticket would I raise?

Thank you for the guarantee ... I am assured of that :) 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Access

Atlassian Access Demo Q&A Recap

Hi Community! Thank you to all who joined our ongoing monthly Atlassian Access demo! We have an engaging group of attendees who asked many great questions. I’ll share a recap of frequently ask...

1,497 views 5 5
Read article

Atlassian Community Events