How do you change the name on an Atlas Workspace?

Robby E January 26, 2023

Hello,

I am not sure how it got set up this way, but it appears that our Atlas Workspace has been named after a team name. We would like to change it to our company name instead. 

I am a Site Admin and I also had one of our Org Admins look for a way to change it. We could not find any place to change it. The most logical place to change it would seem to be the Workspace Settings page, but it does not appear to have an option to change it there.

https://team.atlassian.com/settings/workspace

Does anyone know where this can be changed? If it cannot be changed, is there a way to delete that Workspace and create a new one? We have not set up any Projects or Goals at this point. So, a "reset" should be acceptable if it cannot be renamed.

Thank you,

Robby

2 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2023

G'day Everyone!
I'm Scot, a Senior Support Engineer from the Atlas Support Team.

Things are always improving and we have an internal process we can go through to assist you with changing your Workspace Key (identifier) and/or your Workspace name. If you need these changed, please raise a Support Ticket with us for your Atlas instance and we'll work with you to go through the Key & Name change process.

Please don't post any customer or instance details in a community thread.

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2023

Hi we don't have this feature yet, I've just added a +1 from you. Can I confirm I'm assuming here you want to rename your workspace KEY (e.g. team.atlassian.com/projects/ACME-123) yes? 

Yes the workaround you suggested would work - you can delete the workspace and re-create it later. To delete a workspace, assuming you are admin go to admin.atlassian.com and remove Atlas from your site just like you would any other product. You can then add it again later - may need to wait 24 hours for everything to refresh if my memory serves me right! 

Robby E January 30, 2023

Sherif,

We had not even gotten as far as adding anything that would show a KEY until I tried it just now. Yes. We want to change that as well. But, the first thing I saw was the name of the workspace itself. 

Do you know how the KEY is generated in Atlas? It looks like it took the full name and created a KEY out of that. Before I add it back, I want to make sure it is something better to represent the company, but not too crazy in the KEY name itself.

workspace.png

Thank you,

Robby

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2023

Yep! So the name of the workspace defaults to your sitename but when you create it you can change it.

You'll notice when you create your workspace you can _also_ change the key (it suggests a key for you based on your workspace name) - you should pick the key / change it to what you want when you create your new workspace. 

Hope that helps.

Love to hear how you're planning to use Atlas!

Like Robby E likes this
Robby E February 1, 2023

Sherif,

Thank you for the additional information. This was definitely helpful.

Thank you,

Robby

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Jenny Severin June 19, 2023

I would like to upvote the renaming feature request.  I just noticed that our workspace is reflecting our previous company's name.  Is it possible yet to change the workspace name?  

Like Nico likes this
Scot Wilson
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2023

Hi Jenny!
I'm Scot from the Atlas Support team.

We have a newer process now - if you raise a Support Ticket with us for your Atlas instance and we'll work with you to go through the Key & Name change process.

Please don't post any customer or instance details in this community thread!

Like # people like this
Jenny Severin June 22, 2023

Thank you, Scot!  I submitted a support ticket, but I put it under Jira Software as I was unable to use Atlas as the product as we have the free version.  

mit December 28, 2023

Hi Scot,
I also wanted to change the "workspace short name". And I canot create a support ticket for that. (same reason as above)

Since I just set it up, I would also be fine in just deleting and recreating the workspace again, but I did not find the possibility to do that as well (just cancelling the subscription). Is this the way?

What is the proper way of doing that?

I could create a ticket for our jira instance, but this does not seem to be the correct way to go.

Like SHOTA SUZAKI _TMC_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events