Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which version of atlassian sdk works fine with JIRA 4.2.1?

Venkatesh Bn May 24, 2012

Hello All,

I am new to JIRA and atlassian SDK.

I am going to use JIRA 4.2.1 for development. I am not sure of what version of atlassian SDK i have to use?

i.e will atlassian 3.10.3 will have compatible with JIRA 4.2.1?

Thanks,

Shunmugam

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

You should be able to use it.You just need to make sure the pom.xml have correct jira version.

When you want to test compatibility with another JIRA version, just run like this:

atlas-run -v 4.2.1

Thanks a lot Jobin.

But here is the problem we faced, our pom.xml has 4.2.1, the sdk installed is 3.10.3.

Created a skeleton plugin, as i am new to JIRA.

When we eecuted the atlas-run without -v4.2.1, it is looking for the 4.2.1 jar, in the artifact.

The error is "Missing artifact com.atlassian.jira:atlassian-jira:4.2.1"

The error is "Missing artifact com.atlassian.jira:jira-func-tests:jar:4.2.1"

The build error message reads like this:

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:3.10.3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-jira-plugin:jar:3.10.3 in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced pom.xml/demoplugin1
Kindly help me what i am missing, its the path variables not set correctly or the maven is not installed properly, or the SDK compatibility?
Thanks,
Shunmugam

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

Seems it is not able to get maven-jira-plugin:jar:3.10.3. I would go to an earlier version and see if the maven repo has it! It is not compatibility, because it is not related to the jira verison. I assume you wiull get the same error if you change jira version to jira 5?

you mean to download the latest version of marven?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2012

Nope. Download an earlier version of SDK.

the present atlassian sdk is 3.10.3, how can i download the old atlassian sdk?

i.e when i reviewed the release notes, i found that sdk 3.2.3 support JIRA 4.2.1.

Where can i download the sdk 3.2.3? Kindly help me with links/thoughts!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events