Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are the database user name and passwords stored for the Mysql database in JIRA?

Simon Ward March 25, 2012

where are the database user name and passwords stored for the Mysql database in JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2012

Depends on what version of JIRA you are using, I think as of 4.4.x+ they are stored in the dbconfig.xml file which is in your JIRA home directory, along with a few other directories and files. My JIRA home directory listing looks like the following:

backups
caches
data
dbconfig.xml
export
import
jira-config.properties
log
logos
logs
plugins
saved-debug

The file dbconfig. xml should contain the parameters you want, assuming JIRA has been configured to connect to MySQL already. Here's a snippet that includes username and password so you know what to look for, although the file is fairly short:

<url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/jiradb?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF8</url>

<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

<username>JIRAUSER</username>

<password>YADAYADAYADA</password>

<pool-size>20</pool-size>

If you don't have a dbconfig.xml file in the home directory and you are using a JIRA version prior to JIRA 4.4 (i.e. JIRA 4.3.x, 3.13.x, etc.,) then the db connection string and credentials will be in conf/server.xml in the JIRA installation directory.

Venkateswara Kumar December 12, 2018

Hi Adam,

Could you please tell me , how to tell in db.xml  the username and password  take from the server.xml instead of using JNDI(not form the Jirads.properties file).
Kindly suggest on this.

Regards,

Venkatesh. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events