Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using cql with team labels

Carter Snowden December 14, 2015

It would be great to be able to be able to have a bit more fine-grained filtering available when filtering by label using CQL. We have a lot of spaces flagged with a reasonably coherent set of team (aka category) labels. If it were possible to use  something like a 'namespace:team' filter in conjunction with a labelText query, that would be very useful. I may be wrong – let me know –  but it doesn't look like it's currently possible to do that.
So a CQL search might look something like 'namespace:team AND (labelText=courses AND labelText=gsd AND labelText=fall2015'). Given our particular set of team labels, that would yield a list of all fall 2015 spaces related to courses in school GSD. We're a higher ed site, but it seems this would be useful in other contexts as well (e.g. substitute labelTexts of 'marketing', 'widgets', 'domestic'). Is this currently possible in some way?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Travis Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

I don't believe this is currently possible. You can open up a feature request with the Confluence team: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa?selectedProjectId=10470

0 votes
Carter Snowden December 16, 2015

No. Sorry if that was unclear. If you look in the database, at the 'label' table, each label has a 'namespace' column, and for category/team labels, the namespace is 'team'. So the idea is to be able to filter using that namespace field. As it is, the labelText filter gets all labels regardless of their namespace and the resulting list of resources can therefore be a mix of spaces and pages/blogposts. I want to be able to use CQL to get a list spaces only, based on a search for team labels. The way I formed the example was just meant to be an example of how it might be done. Another possibility might be to be able to use 'space' as a content type filter in the query. I know 'space' isn't really a content type, but you get my drift.

0 votes
Travis Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Is your 'namespace:team' a category on the space? I'm not 100% clear on what you mean you mean by flagged.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events