"Live Template" behavior with Blueprints?

Matt Raykowski August 19, 2013

We're currently using Scaffolds fairly heavily but we're also using "live templates" meaning when the end user edits the page created from the scaffold template they go back into the scaffold mode. This would be like going back into the Blueprint wizard instead of to editing the page.

We would like to shed scaffold and its supporting plugins as dependencies but the business users would like for the page format to remain static (and consistent) and have the end users continue to go back to the wizard to refine the page.

Is this possible? I've been playing around with the documentation and the intermediate blueprint example and really haven't found a way.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon Krebs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2013

That isn't currently possible with blueprints. Once a blueprint is added it basically just becomes a normal page.

Matt Raykowski August 21, 2013

Thank you for your answer. I kind of came down to that conclusion. The best workaround I could come up with was a clever combination of blueprints for initial creation and user macros for simulating the 'live template.'

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events