cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new field in version tab panel

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2012

Hi all ,

I need to add a new field ("Actual release date") in the version tab panel . how i can do this ? plz can someone guide me on this ?

thanx .

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

There's a verstion tab panel module. You'll need to set up your development environment first. Start with the tutorials on developer.atlassian.com.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2012

Hi Jeremy ,

Using this module will i be able to create a new field in the version tab or there will be a separate new tab ? is there a need to mdoify the database ? there is only one attribute in the database(table:projectversion) for release date when we release the version the release attribute is updated to true.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2012

This would make a separate new tab. Look at Answers' versions, for example. You'd be adding a tab along with Summary, Issues, and Popular Issues. Is that what you're looking for, or are you wanting to add a field to the version summary?

You shouldn't modify the database. if you need specific data storage, use actve objects.

Perhaps you'll just need to modify velocity templates. Have a look at the file:

./atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/jira/projectpanels/versions-panel.vm 

Here are instructions for modifying vm templates. There's a good tip for setting velocity to reload changes automatically, so you can play around quickly:

Deploying Velocity Templates without a Restart

In a development instance, you can play with picking up velocity file changes without a restart.
From <jira-install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/velocity.properties:

1. Change class.resource.loader.cache from true to false
  2. Uncomment (remove the # sign from) #velocimacro.library.autoreload=true
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2012

Thanx Jeremy :) i think active objects may help . i will try this . thanx again for this valuable information :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events