Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing interfaces and classes

Leaf June 3, 2015

According to JIRA documentation (https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/4.2.4-b591/)

I shall be able to import and use some existing JIRA classes and interfaces. But many of them are missing.

For example, when I route to package com.atlassian.jira.bc.security.login.* in eclipse, there are only 3 interfaces and 2 classes available, although according to the documentation there should be 3 interfaces and 4 classes.

what's more, when I create a class implements com.atlassian.jira.bc.security.login.LoginInfo, it tells me all methods claimed in the document are unimplemented and therefore I need to implement them. I'm confused. Shouldn't I be able to use those classes directly?

I thought about the SDK version problem. But I have downloaded the latest one and it's said to support from JIRA 3 to JIRA 6

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

it depends on the dependencies you have in the pom. The main two dependencies are jira-api and jira-core, the latter disabled by default.

Can you enable the jira-core dependency and rebuild the Eclipse project?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

Also, make sure you are using the correct API documentation. The above is true only from JIRA5. If you are working against JIRA4, atlassian-jira dependency is the only one you normally need.

Leaf June 3, 2015

Hi, Jobin, Thank you for your answer. I found the JIRA-CORE dependency in my POM, which is disable now. Although my goal is to develop a JIRA 4 plugin, but I'm learning it in JIRA 6.4.4. and I'm looking at both JIRA 4 & 6 documents to look up API. Therefore, for now I don't really need JIRA-CORE, right?(correct me if I'm wrong)

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

For JIRA4, no. For JIRA4, you should have separate pom with atlassian-jira dependency. And the jira version in the pom should be 4.x.

Leaf June 3, 2015

After recreate the plugin with JIRA-core enabled, now I can find the missing classes. BTW, do you have experience in dealing with JIRA login?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

A bit! Depends on what you are looking for. You might want to start a new question btw!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events