Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira rest api user preferences key

lasith gunawardana August 4, 2013

dose anyone know how to get preferences through api, im not sure what is the 'key' they are requesting to get specific preference

/rest/api/2/mypreferences?key

appriciate your help

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2013

Hi,

could you specify what preferences exactly you are looking for;

• timeZone is user attribute so you can get it with /rest/api/2/user resource;
  • for current user there is incoming /rest/api/2/myself (available OD now docs should be seen in a week; BTF since 6.1) - it's experimental api so can be changed in the future;
  • /rest/api/2/mypreferences is more low level; it's mostly for plugins to store something simple for current user so they can retrieve it later with js;
  • one example of this would be - if workflow editor should be displayed as text or diagram

0 votes
DJ Marcaida February 24, 2015

See JRA-42049

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

pls submit support request @https://support.atlassian.com

because unable to expand acceptable request representations at https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#idp1299280

yep, i will :)

DJ Marcaida January 29, 2015

Is there any resolution for this yet? I, too, am trying to use the API and I do not know what the 'key' parameter is.

lasith gunawardana January 31, 2015

ATM it seems like not working and i have no idea yet. Instead of /rest/api/2/mypreferences?key im using /rest/api/2/user?username&key to get user details. hope this will help you.

DJ Marcaida February 1, 2015

thanks!

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2013

Hi,

I think, the key you are expected to give is nothing but the preference that you are expecting to get, Like Language, TimeZone. It seems to be like that. So try to give the key as said.Hope this Helps!

tried, its not working for me. i have no idea wht value shuld passed into the 'key' parameter . is this working for you?

/rest/api/2/mypreferences?key=timezone

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events