Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira-error-connecting-to-database

pavan kumar May 6, 2016

Please find the below link to check the issue i am facing

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37071049/jira-error-connecting-to-database

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2016

JIRA does not yet support MySQL 5.7.  We have not tested with it, and make no guarantee that it will work.  You should stick with the supported platforms.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/supported-platforms-749382629.html

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2016

Recently I had the same problem when installed JIRA with latest MySQL. It appears that starting from version 5.7 MySQL does not support storage_engine param and JIRA has this hard-coded in java classes.

To solve this I downgraded to MySQL 5.6.xx.

Also I see that some folks change JIRA/connector classes: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32023132/answers/33131693 but for me it was easier to re-install MySQL.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

I'd suggest asking the question properly here - why make us have to go read something elsewhere and post hanging answers here - it's of no use to anyone.

pavan kumar May 6, 2016

1.) I created a Mysql RDS instance at AWS(Amazon web services).When i tried to test connection(Database) during the "Jira" installation, I am facing the below issue: -

Error connecting to database Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server. Connection timed out: connect

2.) when i tried to connect through mysql localhost I am facing the below issue: -

Error connecting to database Unknown system variable 'storage_engine'

Please help me out with AWS RDS MYSQL issue and the Mysql localhost.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

1) JIRA can't connect to the database - it's either not running correctly, or the network settings are not letting it through

2) There's something wrong in your connection settings.  Check the my.cnf file (or whatever the configuration file is for your install)

Neither of these are really Atlassian problems - you've got network and/or database problems.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events