Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira 5.1 inline editing... how this will work for you?

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2012
+1 to be able to disable inline editing, If possible this should be possible at project level since i'm afraid enabling it on individual screens would cause confusion for end users.

Also user notifications must be sent for inline updates as well (at least i want this as default) else this will cause more end user confusion imho.

To make inline editing sound i think it should be possible to inline edit multiple fields and update them together with one click. To save the tons of javascript hacks around there should at least be an AUI function that puts a field into edit mode dynamically.

I really hope Atlassian comsiders this feature. Just support single field inline editing would be the wrong decision imho

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2012

Excellent discussion by all. I agree with Dieter's overall opinion. Unfortunately, from what I saw in the 5.1 EAP release, it is single field editing with multiple notifications. :(

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012
Well it's still time to express one's opinion using the feedback button in the EAP. Did that yesterday
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2012

Oops, I was not trying to cut off discussion at all, but was just really impressed by the discussion. I hope other people will step up and express their opinions and experiences!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2012

For me, a better design would be that the user clicks the edit button, or presses "e" on the keyboard, then *all* the fields become editable. This would be more friendly to people who don't like using the mouse, like me, because they could tab to the right field. Then you have a Save banner thing at top/bottom.

But the fact that editing brought up a whole new dialog with a different layout to the view screen was confusing and needed to be changed, but not sure this is the best way.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events