Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to develop JIRA plug-in

Manojkumar V September 21, 2016

Dear All,

After referring lot of documentations on developing JIRA plug in I am kind of quite confused where to start with development of my own plugin. First of all ,

What is difference between Atlassian SDK vs RefApp?

Do I need to use both for plugin development?

By referring https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project I have made my environment ready.

Let me put my plugin  requirement - I wanted to develop a screen that will contain few form fields like Name, Group and Email id. My plugin should store the values entered in these forms to Database and retrieve the values from DB. This plugin I would like to fit in under settings present in top right corner.

Also I want to retrieve the  mail id from DB based on name/group in workflow post function.

Requesting your guidance  like how will I have the form screen on my plugin, where to start with and shape up.

Cheers!!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
joachimbollen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

Hi Manojkumar,

You don't need the RefApp to develop a JIRA plugin, the Atlassian SDK will be enough.

To get started, I would suggest looking at these tutorials from developer.atlassian.com

Some of the info is outdated, but most of it still is very useful. After that, I think you would have enough knowledge to start building your own add on.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events