how to add web-item to admin menu drop down in jira 7.0

Umair Haroon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Hi.

I have the following code which added a web-tem link to the admin drop down menu .

Previously using this code I was able to add a web-item to the admin menu drop down in JIRA 6.0 but it does not work with JIRA 6.4 and 7.0

Here is the module in the atlassian-plugin.xml that worked as is in JIRA 6.0:

<web-item key="jira-menu-item" name="my Plugin Configuration" section="system.admin.top.navigation.bar" weight="70">
    <description>My Plugin Configuration Form</description>
    <label key="myplugin.configuration.label" />
    <link linkId="myplugin-configuration-link">/secure/CreateMyjob!config.jspa</link>
    <condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.UserIsAdminCondition"/>    
   <styleClass>trigger-dialog</styleClass>
  </web-item>

I cant see the web-item link in JIRA 6.4 or 7.0.

Can someone please help?

Many thanks

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Looks like you are adding menu entry directly to the top web-section and as I remember it stopped to work since JIRA 6.2.

I looked to JIRA sources and I see that for admin menus they have one more interim web-section. Please take a look on: atlassian-jira-6.4.8-source/jira-project/jira-components/jira-core/src/main/resources/webfragment/system-admin-sections.xml

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2016

x@x, I believe you need one of those:

top_system_section/import_export_section
top_system_section/mail_section
top_system_section/security_section
top_system_section/troubleshooting_and_support
top_system_section/user_interface

I got them from file that @Volodymyr Krupach mentioned.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events