Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customfield for showing versions of *another project*

Alex Perez April 24, 2013

Hi all,

I have a Jira setup with 1 project for support team, and N projects for development teams.

In the support team, there is a transition called "escalation to dev", where it should create a issue in a development based on the value of certain custom field (product).

The above is implemented as a event fired from the wf, and cathed from a listener that does the create and link to the originating issue.

Now, the problem is that the development teams require that each issue created in their projects must have the Affected Version(s) informed. So the support guys must navigate to the issue in the dev project, and edit it.

I was wondering about if it's possible to show the versions of the dev project in the transition screen of the support team. So, the support guys can choose the affecetd version before the event is fired, and the the issue may be created with the proper versions informed.

How can I accomplish this? (jira 5.2) The best option I can see is creating some kind of customfield that extends from the affectedVersion field, but capable of takin it's values from a configurable project rather than the actual project.

Any thougts on this? which classes should I extend from ?

Thx!!

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

hi,

I think you will have to develope a new Custom Field.

You can refer "system-customfieldtypes-plugin.xml"file in the web-inf/ class folder which has details of all the system Fields & also has the class name which are configured for different Projects.

0 votes
Benjamin Haller January 20, 2015

Hi, I have a similar problem. Did you further pursue the issue, find a workaround, find a plugin or anything?

0 votes
Alex Perez April 25, 2013

Mmmmm, sounds like a good starting point!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events