Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crowd-integration-springsecurity integration problem

Addam Webber December 6, 2012

I have an old appfuse / maven project that I am adding crowd authentication to. I have updated the project enough to be compatible with crowd-integration-springsecurity 2.4.6. The project runs fine and everything works with project until I add crowd-integration-springsecurity to the dependency list. I have looked over the Dependency Hierarchy looking for version replacement of existing dependencies to see if that is what the problem is but that does not appear to be the case. All my existing dependencies are the same versions and scope. All I have done is add the following declaration to my pom...

<dependency>
		<groupId>com.atlassian.crowd</groupId>
		<artifactId>crowd-integration-springsecurity</artifactId>
		<version>2.4.6</version>
		<scope>runtime</scope>
		<exclusions>
			<exclusion>
				<artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
				<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
			</exclusion>
		</exclusions>
		</dependency>

I have made no code changes only added the declaration to the pom and now I get this error.

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userService': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.getExtReg()Lorg/apache/ws/commons/schema/extensions/ExtensionRegistry;

It looks like the new jar is somehow interfearing with my bean declarations. Has anyone encontered a similar problem? or know how to fix this one?

My current action is going and renaming my beans and classes to see if I am just having a name conflict with crowd. This error has bumfuzzeled me.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
joe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2012

This looks like a classpath issue. As a suggestion, crowd-integration-springsecurity will be pulling in a transitive dependency on org.apache.ws.commons:XmlSchema 1.1, which may clash with the existing version in your application. Or, you may already have XmlSchemaCollection in another jar so now there are two conflicting copies in your classpath.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events