create scheduled issues every two weeks

Elif Alverson March 7, 2017

Hello, 

What would be the cron expression / 

Thank you.

Elif

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Amir Vegdani March 15, 2017

Scheduler doesn't allows you to put a straight forward cron expression for bi weekly issues

However there is a weird solution for this, which I use for my projects in JIRA.

Create one cron for every week (week 1 to 5), identify the weeks for every month when the issues needs to be created and then match your cron to respective month.

For example if the task falls on first week of January, March, August, December; use these months in your first CRON expression.

Below is an example, where the trigger falls every Wednesday starting first week of January.

0 30 12 ? 1,2,3,6,7,8,12 4#1 2017
0 30 12 ? 1,2,3,6,7,8,12 4#3 2017
0 30 12 ? 3,8 4#5 2017
0 30 12 ? 4,5,9,10,11 4#2 2017
0 30 12 ? 4,5,9,10,11 4#4 2017

Florence Curtis November 15, 2017

Hello! I have a similar question. 

I'd like a notification 2 weeks before the month, every 3 months. 

Example:

reminder alert on December 16th or 2 weeks before January, 8:30a 

reminder alert on March 16th or 2 weeks before April, 8:30a 

and so on..

Thank you for your help in advance!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

From memory, "The Scheduler" uses a variation (quartz) on the pretty-much standard everywhere "cron" format, which does minute/hour/day of month/month/day of week.

Quartz adds seconds and year to those, but doesn't change the basic principles.

Sadly, cron does not support "bi weekly", but you can get very close, if you are happy with something like "first and third Monday of every month", as you can say "0 7 1-7,15-21 * 1"  (For quartz, I think you need to add a 0 to the front of that to cover the "seconds")

Elif Alverson March 10, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , 

Thank you for your answer. I tried with and without the 0 at the beginning of the expression and I am getting the error message of " Incorrect Cron Expression!!". Am I doing it wrong?

Thank you, 

Elif

image2017-3-10 7:7:49.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2017

Hmm, could you try it without the first leading zero, and then if that does not work, drop the second 0?

Elif Alverson March 13, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] , 

It seems like it does not work with or without any zeros. Please see the screen captures below.

Thank you.

Elif

Here is the one with one " 0 ". 

image2017-3-13 7:1:7.png

Here is without any " 0 " s.

image2017-3-13 7:4:34.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2017

They should work, according to the docs.  I think you'll need to raise this with the authors.

Elif Alverson March 15, 2017

Thank you.

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2017

Not exactly what you are looking for. But depending on your use case, you can send reminder for the same issue periodically instead of creating a new one may work for you. You can do this using issue reminder add-on. It supports cron expressions and periodic reminders. 

Elif Alverson March 8, 2017

Hello, 

I already have the  "TheScheduler" add-on and all I need is to figure out the cron expression  to have an issue to be created every two weeks on Mondays. Any idea? 

Thanks!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events