cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create menu item in plugin section under administrator

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hi,

I want to create a menu item in plugins menu under administrator section.

Have created module and it looks as below:

<web-section name="FinalReportConfiguration" i18n-name-key="final-report-configuration.name" key="final-report-configuration" location="admin_plugins_menu" weight="1000">
    <description key="final-report-configuration.description">The FinalReportConfiguration Plugin</description>
    <label key="final-report-configuration.label"></label>
  </web-section>

But, "FinalReportConfiguration" menu label in plugin section..

what is missing or needs to correct ?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi,

thanks for your all comments.

I needed to refer websection in webitem as i had only created section and not referred in webitem.

so, it looks as below:

<web-section key="rpt_section" location="admin_plugins_menu" name="configuration">    

<label key="rpt_section.label"/> <!-- This element is optional and needs to add reference key-value under - application preoprites file -->  </web-section>

<web-item key="rpt_links_link1" name="rpt configuration" section="admin_plugins_menu/rpt_section" >

<label key="rpt_links_link1.label"/> <!-- This element is optional and needs to add "rpt_links_link1.label" key vlaue under application properties-->

<link linkId="rpt_links_link1">http://www.atlassian.com</link>        
</web-item>

thanks.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

May be you should first follow the tutorial line by line and then make the required modifications - https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Adding+your+own+Menu+Items+to+JIRA

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

That only creates the section. You probably need to add a real web-item to it to make it visible.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

I have replaced with below block though unable to see the menu item under plugin menu sec >> menu items list

<web-item key="my_links_link" name="Report configuration" section="admin_plugins_menu" weight="47">

<label>My Company</label>

<link linkId="my_links_link">http://www.atlassian.com</link>

</web-item>

Can you please share me what is wrong with this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events