cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create jira issue from Confluence page?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

I want to create a Confluence page that is a project plan.  Under each task I want a button that will spawn a new JIRA issue with a few pre-defined fields.  I can't find anything built-in that can do this, even though this question implies that there is.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

If you need something more specific than the built-in support, then you can combine the Run macro with the CLI Macro and the createIssue action.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2015

Bob Swift to the rescue once again!

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Highlight the text on the Confluence page and you will get an option to create the issue, as long as you have a JIRA application link created from your Confluence instance. And yes, it is a default functionality in the new versions of Confluence.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

That's not what I had in mind. I actually want a button that says "Create Task" that might create a jira issue with the Summary, Description and Project fields predefined.

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

An actual macro.

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017

Scott, you can try Jirassimo IntakeForms together with the Confluence  macro

Best,

Vlad

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events