Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bulk change filter and dashboard owners

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2012

I have a list of filters (345!) and dashboards (40) that all need their owner to be changed from user X to user Y. Is there an easy way to do this that doesn't require a restart?

We are on JIRA 4.4.5.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

The script runner plugin can do it, https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/x/_ACNAw.

As always verify this in test before trying in production.

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2012

"This tool will change the owner for one or more dashboards from one existing user to another (JRA-19780 and others)."

Perfect. Thanks Jo-Anne. Will give it a dry run.

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2012

I must be missing something, but I don't see the change dashboard/filter owner option in ScriptRunner in 4.4.5. Is this no longer available in 4.4.5?

Here's what I see under Built-in Scripts

Condition Tester
Test conditions that are used in your workflow functions

Send a custom email
Send an email based on the provided template if conditions are met

Switch to a different user
Switch to another user to deal with support problems and so on.

Copy custom field values
Copy custom field values from one field to another in bulk, to support changing a field type without using SQL or restarting.

Bulk Fix Resolutions
Modify resolution field in bulk, without creating a change entry. Useful after a bad import.

Renames a user ID
Changes a user's ID without reindexing or restarting

Copy project
This tool will create a new project, from the configuration of another project.
This includes: Schemes, Role memberships, Custom field configurations, and optionally, versions and components.

Reindex issues
Reindex issues for a project or corresponding to a filter, perhaps after an indexing problem or editing the database.

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2012

Is the Dashboard/Filter Owner Change option gone in 4.4+? I don't see it in the list of Built in Scripts. Here's what I have:

Condition Tester

Test conditions that are used in your workflow functions

Send a custom email

Send an email based on the provided template if conditions are met

Switch to a different user

Switch to another user to deal with support problems and so on.

Copy custom field values

Copy custom field values from one field to another in bulk, to support changing a field type without using SQL or restarting.

Bulk Fix Resolutions

Modify resolution field in bulk, without creating a change entry. Useful after a bad import.

Renames a user ID

Changes a user's ID without reindexing or restarting

Copy project

This tool will create a new project, from the configuration of another project.

This includes: Schemes, Role memberships, Custom field configurations, and optionally, versions and components.

Reindex issues

Reindex issues for a project or corresponding to a filter, perhaps after an indexing problem or editing the database.

JD Lobue August 5, 2019

Any way to do this in native Jira? I don't want to continue to have to purchase plugins for something that should come native in this app. Efficiencies Jira. Not complexities.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events