Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after implementing the JMC I am getting "Feedback in Transit!" message for every other day?

Keyur Patel January 3, 2012

HI,

I HAVE JIRA AND GREENHOPPER LINCESE. I HAVE RECENTLY IMPLEMENTED THE JMC INTO MY MOBILE APP. IT WORKS PERFECTLY AWESOME FOR A DAY FOR FEEDBACK AND CRASH REPORTING, BUT SOMEHOW ON 2ND DAY FOR ANY FEEDBACK OR CRASH REPORT IT GIVES ME MESSAGE AS "FEEDBACK IN TRANSIT! THIS FEEDBACK IS STILL ON ITS WAY! PLEASE TRY AGAIN SOON."

TO GET RID OF THIS SCENARIO I CAME ACROSS ONE THING WAS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTH AGAIN ONE HAS TO RESET THE API KEY UNDER PROJECT FOR JMC. BUT THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY ANY ORGANIZATION WANTS.

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ASAP.....

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2012

Hi Marius,

Are any messages getting through to JIRA at all? New ones ?

The message you are seeing occurs when the feedback can not be submitted for some reason. It gets placed in a queue and will be retried at a later date. After 30 minutes its status will be re-set to JMCSentStatusInProgress and should get flushed.

Marius Landwehr April 22, 2012

Hi Nick,

i pulled the newest Version and become now this error. Would be awesome when you add to the Tutorial on how to get the SDK working, that the jiraconnectuser has to have this right.

Issue not created in JIRA because the autocreated user 'jiraconnectuser' does not have the 'Create Issue' permission on your project.

Server Response: 'Error occurred while creating issue through workflow: User 'jiraconnectuser' doesn't have the 'Create Issue' permission'

cheers

Marius

Marius Landwehr April 22, 2012

Hi Josh,

now it's working with the jireconnectuser. That was my main problem with the user ;)

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2012

Hi Marius,

I created a JMC How-to video last week. You can watch it here. http://youtu.be/t15Go7yAFDU

Essentially you have to ensure that the 'jiraconnectuser' that the JMC plugin creates in your JIRA instance has the 'Create Issue' permission on the permission scheme that your project is using.

You can find this by going to the administration screen of your project and clicking the permissions link. Then choose edit from the actions menu and add the jiraconnectuser as a Single User to the 'Create Issue' Permission.

Cheers

Josh

0 votes
Marius Landwehr April 15, 2012

Hi, i have the same Problem. The App is not transmitting the Issues to JIRA.

The only log messages i get out of the system are:

111 -[JMCRequestQueue doFlushQueue] Ignored queued item as send process is in progress: jmc-F03C993E-9134-4F4A-BCFA-51FF18157408.

111 -[JMCRequestQueue doFlushQueue] Ignored queued item as send process is in progress: jmc-D05C6100-A106-4303-BFBC-F8BFE8091D71.

111 -[JMCRequestQueue doFlushQueue] Ignored queued item as send process is in progress: jmc-DE23314F-F80E-4117-BA49-3BFBD1DF31FC.

Greetings

Marius

Keyur Patel April 15, 2012

Hi Marius,

I was able to resolve this issue by re-genrating the new JMC api key.

Marius Landwehr April 15, 2012

Hi Keyure,

doesn't work for me :(

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
January 3, 2012

Hi Keyur,

The message you are seeing: "Feedback in transit!" occurs when you tap on a message you've sent, that has not yet been delivered to JIRA.

This can occur for a number of reasons:

• the device has no network currently
  • the JIRA instance is unreachable
  • the JMC plugin in JIRA is disabled
  • the JMC API Key embedded in your App, does not match the API key in the JMC Settings

As soon as any of the above issues are rectified, the feedback will be delivered when the app next launches.

The exact reason for feedback not being delivered to JIRA gets logged when you run your App from the Simulator. These logs are disabled when you do a release build of your App however. Can you run your App from the Simulator when this occurs next and see what is printed to the logs please.

Since you say that you reset the API Key and it worked, did you also re-configure the API Key in your App? Did you toggle any other JMC Settings in JIRA ? One thing to try is to disable the API Key check entirely by setting the API Key to inactive.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Nick Pellow

JMC Developer.

Keyur Patel January 4, 2012

I Did all the possile scenarios

1. I disable the JMC api key and re-enable it but still it didn't worked.

2. I tried to disable the whole plugin and re-enable it still it didn't worked.

3. I tried to do re-indexing still it didn't work.

4. I tried to match the keys one from project settings for JMC still didn't work.

5. I also tried different network connection option to make it work but unfortunately it didn't worked. network tried (Excellent wifi, 3G, 4G,)

Verified eveything from below point no luck yet.

• the device has no network currently
  • the JIRA instance is unreachable
  • the JMC plugin in JIRA is disabled
  • the JMC API Key embedded in your App, does not match the API key in the JMC Settings

same thing happens from Simulator as well :(

The only possible way it worked for me is by resetting the new api key everytime and add the new api key in the code. But no organization will love to do this exercise everyday the api key should be fixed and used for al futrther communication.

Nick
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2012

Can you please look in the logs when you reproduce this in the Simulator.

The reason the request is failing will be logged there. Please post that here.

Cheers,

Nick

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events