Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add a post function?

David White September 5, 2016

I'm using the self-hosted version JIRA 7.1.9, and am trying to add a Post Function to a workflow transition so I can set some custom fields when a new issue is submitted. Everything I'm reading seems to indicate that I should go the <COG ICON> -> Issues -> Workflows page, "Edit" my workflow, click on a transition, and then find the "Post Functions" tab on the Properties page. 

But for the life of me, I cannot find that tab anywhere!  This is what I see, and there is nothing further if I scroll down.

jira1.gif

Clicking the "Edit" button in the box on the right doesn't bring up anything that looks useful:

jira2.gif

I checked my user permissions and I am members of several groups:

• administrators
  • jira-administrators
  • jira-software-users
  • site-admins
  • system-administrators

So why I am not seeing the "Post Functions" option?  Or am I looking in the wrong place?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

7 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2016

Hi David,

In the first screenshot you have selected a status instead of a transition. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to select a transition in diagram mode. Try using text edition mode, select a transition and you will see conditions, validations and post-functions tabs.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2016

If you want to stick with the diagram, you've been clicking on a status box, you need to click on the arrows that represent transitions

Like arvinds likes this
David White September 6, 2016

That was it!  Thanks, guys.

Sarah Smith January 25, 2018

Thanks! this helped me as well!

Sneha Sasikumar September 5, 2018

Helped me too!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events