Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of CSS (2 or 3) are we able to use in Confluence version 5.x?

John Alton April 24, 2013

Which version of CSS (2 or 3) are we able to use in Confluence version 5.x?

thanks,
John

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi John,

All my instincts tell me that you can use the latest CSS available, as this should be dependent on what CSS classes a browser can recognize, not what Confluence is attuned to. If CSS 4.0 came out tomorrow, you'd reference the docs and I'd wager 90%+ would be the same as CSS 3.0, but there'd be some new classes there you could utilize, if the browsers rendering the css understand it.

This is my understanding of it anyways. Hope this helps!

John Alton April 25, 2013

Thanks, @Ryan Goodwin. Definitely helps.

John

2 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi, CSS2 and CSS3 (if referring to the HTML related standard) depends on what browsers you are aiming to support.

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Supported+Platforms IE8 is still supported, so if you need IE8 support it might be best to stick with CSS2 or do feature detection for it.

@Harry Chan - Thanks, sir. (CSS is new to me, so I appreciate this detailed info.)

0 votes

Thanks, sir @Ryan Goodwin. Definitely helps.

John

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events