It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where is the source of jira-issue-nav-plugin? Closed-source?

JamieA May 07, 2012

I'm looking for the source of the jira-issue-nav-plugin, which is what provides the inline editing amongst other things. However in 5.1m3 it seems to be specifically excluded from the source distro.

Atlassian closed source seems to a continuing trend... I'm not sure how a licence can be considered to be a source licence if it doesn't include key components, or, how on earth plugin developers are expected to make their plugins compatible without a look at the source...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radoslav Krivak Jul 03, 2014

Check in the /dependencySources subdirectory of Jira source distribution. You need to unzip jar to get the sources.

Mark Gibson Jul 06, 2014

Excellent, thank you. I was wondering how I missed that, but appears to be only since 6.2

JamieA Jul 06, 2014

Hopefully you just want it for reference and not to actually rebuild, because this new system is pretty useless for that.

Frédéric Esnault May 11, 2015

Sorry, but i unzip all jars in dependencySources, and could not find anything related to jira issue nav. Not even the IssueNavAction or its templates. Are they somewhere else ? Seems to me there is nothing related to jira in this directory. And of course the jira-nav-plugin seems not to be in jira-project directory either. Any help ?

eXtensi Admin Feb 09, 2016

Its not there with JIRA 7.0.10 sources.

Where can I find it?

Nathan Neulinger Feb 19, 2016

Doesn't appear to be anywhere in 7.1 sources either?

I need to rebuild it - but only to change the exports - patch required by JSS / "JIRA Scripting Suite" plugin:  

https://bitbucket.org/quisapps/jss/wiki/Global%20Issue%20Edit%20Validation%20&%20Post-function

Would be great if Atlassian could just make those tiny changes upstream. 

0 votes
Mark Gibson Jul 03, 2014

The silence from Atlassian here is tangible, anyone find this in the end? I've noticed this too, a lot of core functionality appears to be drifting into private plugins.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in United States

Unofficial downtown meetup week of June 3 or 4?

Hello everyone!  It's been a while since Houston's had a Atlassian Community Event (formerly Atlassian User Group meeting) so I wanted to gauge interest in an unofficial downtown meetup after wo...

15 views 0 0
View post

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you