Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the project date start and end date stored in the database?

Ash April 22, 2013

Hi Frank,

I'd like to use the project start and end dates from the project data fields in conjuction with another plugin, Profields, so that I can use your dates to automatically populate the start and end dates in the Pro field plugin's date fields.

My thoughts are to write an sql script to return the dates.

Are you able to advise.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

The project start and end date is stored within JIRA's properties using the entity name "Project" and entity ID = related project ID and the property key is "project.start.date" and "project.end.date".

Regards,
Frank

Ash April 23, 2013

Many thanks for the information Frank.

Cheers - Ash

Ash April 23, 2013

Hi Frank, I'm not sure if I've got this right, but the value I get is not in a date format. In the SQL below I get values such as 1367244000000.

SELECT

PN.propertyvalue

FROM jira.project AS P

INNER JOIN jira.propertyentry AS PE ON P.id=PE.entity_id and PE.PROPERTY_KEY='project.end.date'

INNER JOIN jira.propertynumber AS PN ON PE.ID = PN.ID

Are you able to advise - thanks in advance.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Correct, it's a LONG value in milliseconds since 1.1.1970

in JAVA: (new Date()).getTime()

Regards,
Frank

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events