Where is jira-workflow-designer-flex-2.6.2.swf?

Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2012

After building the source and deploying it to Tomcat, I've had a strange issue show up with the jira workflow designer plugin.

The workflow designer fails to show up, and I cannot view workflows from a view issue page.

The logs indicate that it is looking for the Resource: templates/flex/jira-workflow-designer-flex-2.6.2.swf

Looking in the source folder for the workflow designer plugin, I can't find this .swf file.

Is it supposed to have been built or generated in some other fashion?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

This is a known Atlassian bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29615

The solution is to manually install the jar from the standalone WAR distribution to the build script's maven repository.

After that, simply comment out the lines in the build script that build and install the workflow-designer-plugin. This will result in a successfull JIRA build with a fully functioning workflow-designer.

0 votes
Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2012

This also seems to be a problem in the atlassian-sdk. When running JIRA 5.1.1, and creating a brand new instance, the same problem exists. You cannot view workflows, and you cannot edit them either. It is erroring out saying that it cannot find the jira-workflow-designer-flex-2.6.2.swf

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events