Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in the database is the workflow designer layout information?

Mike Curwen NL May 25, 2012

I've just spent a few days designing a workflow in a test system, and having transferred it to the prod system, none of the layout info makes it. I did know that would happen, but now that I'm actually faced with the prospect of moving and adjusting all those statuses and transitions....

Does anyone know where it's stored in the db?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

There are stored in PropertySet. The following query will get you the propertykey entries:

select * from propertyentry where ENTITY_NAME='com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-workflow-designer';

You can the find the relevant property value from propertytext table after finding the id for your workflow. If your worrkflow name is say "Test", you can do everything in a single query:

select * from propertytext where id = (select id from propertyentry where ENTITY_NAME='com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-workflow-designer' and PROPERTY_KEY='jira.jwd.layout:Test')

Mike Curwen NL May 25, 2012

Thanks Jobin. After a judicious insert and a restart, I've saved myself a couple hours.

Ana May 16, 2016

This no longer appears to be the case.  The values following the colon in property keys are not plaintext workflow names.  How is one supposed to decypher them?

Ana May 20, 2016

Turns out it's the MD5 hash of the workflow name these days...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events