Where can I find information about product dataVersions to use with maven-confluence-plugin?

singingbush May 10, 2014

I'm in the process of updating a confluence plugin and want to ensure maximum compatibility accross confluence versions. In the maven-confluence-plugin I know you can set various products and testGroups to help with this.

I cannot seem to find any documentation though about which dataVersion shold be used with each product.

for example:

<product>
   <id>confluence</id>
   <instanceId>confluence4-2</instanceId> 
   <version>4.2</version>
   <dataVersion>3.5</dataVersion>
</product>

Also, is it worth trying to support confluence 4.x versions as well as 5.x?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2014
In my experience, 4.3 dataVersion is suitable for all 5.x versions. You can however check they exist on maven.atlassian.com, under the artifact id confluence-product-test-resources I think.
0 votes
singingbush May 10, 2014

well it seems that dataVersion should match the product version. I think I'm going to stick to supporting Confluence v5.0 - 5.5 as that means I can specify Java 7 throughout and also get consistent style from AUI as my admin page changed a bit from 4.3 to 5.0.

I still need to know if the dataVersion should always match the product version, or should I set the dataVersion to 5.0 for all products in the 5.x range.

The reason I'm doing this is so that I can test the different versions easily using:

atlas-integration-test -v 5.0
atlas-integration-test -v 5.1
atlas-integration-test -v 5.2
atlas-integration-test -v 5.3
atlas-integration-test -v 5.4
atlas-integration-test -v 5.5

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events