Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What options we have to embed JIRA Customer Portal to our website?

Milan Kovacs June 3, 2015

Hi there,

My question is simple as you like; what options do we have to embed the Customer Portal to our website?

Thanks in advance!

Milan

9 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

10 votes
Ro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Good news everyone! Jira Service Desk Cloud has just launched a widget that lets customers can send you requests from any webpage without a login. Learn more about it here, and please let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
The Jira Service Desk Cloud team

Andrey Kiyanovskiy September 14, 2017

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the goof news! Could you please tell if Atlassian is going to implement JSD widgets for JSD on-premise edition?

Dominic Giroux September 14, 2017

Same here!  We need this for on-premise!

Like Ni Cai likes this
Ro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Andrey and Dominic,

I'm only across Cloud, but there are a couple of open Jira.atlassian.com tickets related to embedding widgets, such as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-23 and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-202. Voting and watching the tickets would be the best way to give feedback and get updates from the Server team. 

Eugene Yasiuchenko September 15, 2017

Hi Robin

In our company we use JSD for working with many different customers and each of them has their own dedicated Service Desk portal.
We'd love to use widget for couple of our customers, however there's a concern that if we setup a login-free portal for customer 'A', - others would be able to see it in service desk portals list along with their own portal. So customer's 'A' portal would be seen by customer 'B' and 'C'.
am I right in my concern ? Is there anything we can do in order to prevent exposing a dedicated portal to everyone ?

thanks in advance

Ro
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2017

Hi Eugene,

You're correct. At the moment, the widget is designed for public use moreso than client work, so there isn't a way to hide a login-free portal from the portals list. We did get feedback at Summit that people need a way to do what you're describing. 

The best way to let the PM team know you're interested in this use case is to create a ticket at jira.atlassian.com. We often use these tickets to track demand and get feedback when we start planning and designing new features.

Cheers,
Robin

Kevin Brooks November 15, 2017

Robin, the instructions for the service desk widget are top just copy and paste the code.  I am trying this but nothing is happening.  Does this code create it's on button or do you need to tie the code to an on-click type action?

Like didier.adams likes this
Ro
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2017

Hi Kevin - on the Widget settings page, there's a toggle at the top that says 'Enable widget'. Is it toggled to On?
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 07.54.41.png

Kevin Brooks November 16, 2017

Robin, thank you.  My Jira admin had setup the widget and swears the enable button was not there when he did.  Works now!

4 votes
Jack Friend May 15, 2017

Plus one...how can I give my customers access to the service desk and confluence space, but not require them to use a login / PW and not open everything up to the public internet? Whether iframe or some other options...

Joshua McQueen February 5, 2018

Did you ever find out the answer to this? 

Like # people like this
3 votes
Kate Archbold
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2017

Hey everybody,

Thanks for your interest in embedding the customer portal onto your website! I'm a designer from Atlassian, and I'm excited to announce that we have started a private beta program for an embeddable JIRA Service Desk widget. At the moment, the beta allows admins to embed a request form directly into a website or web application, which feeds issues into your service desk project. At the moment we're currently supporting JSD Cloud.

We are constantly updating the beta and plan to add more capabilities as time goes on. If you're interested in joining the private beta program and are keen to provide feedback to help shape the feature, you can register on the wait list here: JSD Widget Beta Signup

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Kate

NB July 28, 2017

[POST REMOVED]

Stephanie June 13, 2019

is this going to happen? The widget is fine, but i also want to add an iframe contact form to get requests. 

Like # people like this
Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

Did this ever go anywhere? 

I'd like to see a simple widget capability in JSD Server --- just like the one in cloud.  It should work just like this.  See lower right of screen.

BTW I clicked on the old beta signup and it went nowhere.

Like Ian Chan likes this
0 votes
Derek Breault January 5, 2017

Brandon, 

Would you be willing to elaborate on how you were able to do this? I am struggling with finding the correct file(s) to do this. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Derek

0 votes
Brandon Phillips November 9, 2016

Plus one here.  

We have the same need.  

I was able to embed the portal on to our new Confluence based Intranet easily enough, but it retains the footer - which essentially duplicates the footer since its shown in the iframe for Service Desk and on the outer Confluence page.  

0 votes
Judith Leupen July 1, 2016

I have the same question. We use JIRA Service Desk. within JIRA service desk we have created a portal for customers. However, our end users do not need to know they are using Jira, their main source is confluence. It would be great if the portal can be embedded in to a confluence page.

issue collectors work just fine for overview and so on, but not for 'customers'

0 votes
Soumen Bhattacharya July 22, 2015

Updating the comment because I am looking at it as well. I think the question is misunderstood. I have a cloud-based software product with a help desk icon. When a user clicks on the help desk icon, I want to open up the JIRA customer portal for my end-user to raise tickets. This gives my end-user a easy, seamless transition to help desk tickets. The customer portal can open a new page but I think this is what was the meaning of "embedding" the link on my website.

0 votes
Dominic Giroux June 12, 2015

JIRA issue collectors are a JIRA feature, and work best for JIRA users.  If you are not a JIRA user, you have to type in your name and email address, and then it tries to match you to a user.  ServiceDesk 2.0 licensing allows you to open your portal to an unlimited number of users without licensing them as JIRA users.  These users cannot authenticate with JIRA, so issue collectors work poorly for them.

What I would like (and I think this is what the question was about) is reusing the embedding behavior of JIRA collectors but with a SD customer request form URL and the portal login.  That would be the ideal resolution for us, as we could them embed our SD customer request forms directly in the web sites that we support!

Has anyone figured out an easy way to:

a) Invoke just the main frame of a SD customer request page?

b) has some little widget that can be used with any URL (e.g. URL above in a)) 

That could be a temporary workaround until Atlassian addresses https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-23

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

Can you ellaborate on what do you mean by embed? Have you taken a look at JIRA Issue Collectors?

Milan Kovacs June 4, 2015

Issue Collector is a totally different thing here. By embedding I mean embedding, to simply implant the Customer Portal, like using an iFrame. So we do not want our customers to get navigated away from our website by clicking on links, etc. The whole procedure shall happen on our site. I know by using iFrame it takes about 10 sec. to embed it but this method does not support smartphones and tablets so this section of our website would look horrible. Apart form the basic customization, is it possible to change the Customer Portal's header by adding a piece of code? Cheers,

Like Michael Prentice likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events